George Walther's "Speaking from Experience" Blog

George Walther is an internationally acclaimed expert at boosting personal performance. He's a professional speaker of the highest caliber, and is widely published.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

George Walther is an internationally acclaimed expert at boosting personal performance. He's a professional speaker of the highest caliber, and is widely published. His focus areas are: Improving communication effectiveness with "Phone Power" and "Power Talking" techniques, Making customer relationships more profitable using "Upside-Down Marketing" strategies, and Honing intuitive decision-making using "Gut-Level Leadership" principles. George's books, audio programs, and video training tapes have been published around the world in many languages. Phone Power shows people in every profession how to be more effective and efficient every time they use their telephones. Power Talking is a practical guide to communicating more positively and powerfully. Upside-Down Marketing revolutionizes traditional sales philosophies by focusing on the most profitable -- and the most overlooked -- sales opportunities among existing and former customers.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Missing Halloween...Already

For the last two years, I've had more fun on October 31st than on any other day during the year. Not because of my 16 year old daughter or the neighborhood kids, though. Something about costumed anonymity lets us adults come out of our behavior-restricting shells. Last year, I had a ball in my alien costume. This year, I was a tottering old man. So long as my face is covered in a mask, a whole 'nother me can come out and play. I hunch over, growl a little, exaggerate my gestures and...act! No wonder so many people want to be actors. It's terrifically freeing. Just so long as others can't see my face, I eagerly slip into a playful fantasy life. Couldn't we set aside the last day of every month as adult play time?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home