George Walther's "Speaking from Experience" Blog

George Walther is an internationally acclaimed expert at boosting personal performance. He's a professional speaker of the highest caliber, and is widely published.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

George Walther is an internationally acclaimed expert at boosting personal performance. He's a professional speaker of the highest caliber, and is widely published. His focus areas are: Improving communication effectiveness with "Phone Power" and "Power Talking" techniques, Making customer relationships more profitable using "Upside-Down Marketing" strategies, and Honing intuitive decision-making using "Gut-Level Leadership" principles. George's books, audio programs, and video training tapes have been published around the world in many languages. Phone Power shows people in every profession how to be more effective and efficient every time they use their telephones. Power Talking is a practical guide to communicating more positively and powerfully. Upside-Down Marketing revolutionizes traditional sales philosophies by focusing on the most profitable -- and the most overlooked -- sales opportunities among existing and former customers.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Give Islam a Chance

I’m not in any religious clubs. Though raised in a Christian-focused land, I’ve never signed up. In my travels, I’ve tasted Buddhism, Hinduism, Paganism, Animism, and a few other “ism”s. They all make the same sense to me. This year, I had my first immersion in Islam while visiting Morocco. What a lovely religion! Sure, there are wacked out insane Muslim fanatics. But, there are also Christians who kill doctors and suggest assassinating world leaders. That doesn’t mean Christianity is nuts any more than Islam is bizarre. Right after 9-11, I posted flyers around my town headlined: “Ignorance Is Our Enemy, Not Islam.” I’m of that mind now that I’ve had first-hand contact with an Islamic nation.

Here’s my favorite quote from Mark Twain:

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it solely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one corner of the earth all one’s lifetime.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home